Dr Valerie Hauser graduated from New Mexico State University with a BS degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Exercise Science. She then attended Franklin Pierce University where she received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy.
Prior to moving to Atlanta, she practiced in Gilbert, AZ in an outpatient sports medicine physical therapy clinic. There she treated a variety of patients including youth, high school, and collegiate athletes, competitive cyclists and runners, weekend warriors, post-operative patients, and geriatrics.
Dr. Hauser uses variety of manual and soft tissue techniques, individualized postural assessments and methods taught by the Postural Restoration Institute (PRI). She is currently working toward her full (PRI) certification. She combines these techniques with progressive strength training to help patients reach their treatment goals.
She played two years of collegiate softball at New Mexico State until her career was cut short by injury. Her experience as both athlete and patient helped her understand the complex process required to overcome pain and returning to any athletic activity.
In her free time, Valerie enjoys spending time with her husband, Andrew, and their two dogs, stand-up paddle boarding, hiking, and exploring all that this new city has to offer!
Training and certifications include:
- Myokinematic, Postural Respiration, And Pelvis Restoration through the Postural Restoration Institute
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Full body certified Fascial Distortion Model provider
- Structure and Function Dry Needling
- Dry Needling for Lumbopelvic & Lower Extremity Conditions through the Spinal Manipulation Institute
Other Articles by Dr. Hauser: